Military patrol caps rose to popularity through its extensive military roots to become a casual cap favorite. It enjoys its unisex appeal because, the fact is, it really does look good on everyone.
The military patrol cap is a kepi cap with a flat top on its soft round crown and a stiff bill that helps cut down on bright sun glare. With the use of the M1951 Field cap by the U.S. military in the Korean war it became know as the “patrol cap”.
The patrol cap rivals the ball cap as a hat to store in the ready on a hall coat rack or hook so it will be grabbed on the way out the door. A true everyday cap. These come in two styles. The all-weather style has Velcro along the back so it fits a range of head sizes. The cool-weather style has a fleece lined band.
Military patrol caps look good on everyone. With a flat top, stiff bill, and round crown the cap’s simple style keeps it a casual favorite.
Stay Warm Patrol Caps from the Winter 2022 Collection
Stay warm on winter days with one of our popular military patrol caps. The fleece lined band works great for added warmth. Get yours at creativeheadwear.com/military-patrol-caps/ #patrolcap #wintercap
Cloth Caps in Virtual Festival
Rawls-Riley Creations created a Virtual Festival on cloth caps. It includes: duckbill flat caps, fisherman caps/biker caps, ivy flat caps, and military patrol caps. Please check it out to see the cloth caps at the show.
Cool-Weather Military Patrol Caps in Virtual Festival
My military patrol caps for cool weather were featured in this Virtual Festival. This style of cap, with its rounded crown and bill, is popular and looks good on lots of people. The fleece lined band on these caps make them well suited for cooler weather. It’s sort of like wearing an ear warmer. Some are made in fleece, sweater knits, and fancier velour and velvet.
Fisherman Cap Details
Patrol Cap Style
The military patrol cap has a kepi style with a flat top to its soft round crown and a stiff bill. There are two styles of caps. One is an all weather style cap and has Velcro along the back of the band making it fit a range of head sizes. The cool weather style has a fleece lined band.
The all-weather style patrol caps have a band with enclosed Velcro along the back so it will fit more than one size of head. It is designed for warmer weather with an unlined crown and terry cloth enclosed in the band for comfort, but can be used anytime.
Check the description for the detail information.
The sizes include:
- Youth L-XL to Adult S – 20 Label – This cap fits Youth L-XL / 20″ Circumference / 6-3/8 Hat Size and expands up to Adult S / 21″ Circumference / 6-5/8 Hat Size. The label has “20” on it. Press here for the Youth L-XL to Adult S size caps.
- Adult M – L – 22 Label – This cap fits Adult M / Circumference 22″ / 7 Hat Size and expands up to Adult XL / 24″ Circumference / 7-5/8 Hat Size. The label has “22” on it. Press here for the Adult M to Adult L size caps.
- Adult L – XL – 23 Label – This cap fits Adult L / Circumference 23″ / 7-3/8 Hat Size and expands up to Adult XL / 24″ Circumference / 7-5/8 here Hat Size. The label has “23” on it. Press here for the Adult L to Adult XL size caps.
The cool-weather style patrol caps have a fleece lined band and are designed for cooler weather.
Check the description for this detail information.
The sizes include:
- Adult S Size – 21 Label – This cap fits a Circumference 21″ /Adult S / 6-5/8 Hat Size. The label has “21” on it. Press here for the Adult S size caps.
- Adult M Size – 22 Label – This cap fits a Circumference 22″ /Adult M / 7 Hat Size. The label has “22” on it. Press here for the Adult M size caps.
- Adult L Size – 23 Label – This cap fits a Circumference of 23″/Adult L /Hat Size 7-3/8. The label has “23” on it. Press here for the Adult L military patrol caps.
Tuck Hair Under the Cap
The soft crown on the patrol cap has a bit of give. It is likely to be flexible enough to pull the cap on over a pony tail or simply roll the hair and tuck it under the back edge of the cap.
How to Set Desired Bill Curve
The pressed, foam bill is sturdy and may be set into a personalized curve.
- Get the bill completely wet with water.
- Bend into the desired curve.
- Secure curve with a rubber band.
- Air dry.
- Remove rubber band to reveal the custom curve.
Made in the U.S.A
All of Our Military Patrol Caps —
Made in the USA
All of our military patrol caps are original designs by Rawls-Riley Creations. They are 100% made in the United States of America.